Wednesday, February 22, 2023

5 - Idea? Possibility?

    There is already some drafted posts that will be published soon, but I needed to mention something that I considered a bit and came to me almost accidentally!

    Over the weekend, I was a bit stressed with a lot of things on my mind, some personal and some not. One of the ways I dealt with that stress was to go to my piano and let loose a little bit. Maybe not complete songs or pieces, but just some improv that I follow blindly to relax. For some background, I've been playing the piano for more than a decade, and I rely on my perfect pitch and muscle memory to either play whole classical pieces that break my wrist or just drabble a bit into something that sounds alright to the ears.

    At this point, I was still concerned about this project, so it was the only thing that went through my mind for that brief moment of sitting down at the piano. The mood of the intro replayed in my head, and after about a minute or two, I came up with this.


    Even if it was small, I got a little excited. Maybe I could use this for the intro?

    I showed it to people close to me, starting with my parents. I wasn't the only one that was stressed at the time, but they said after hearing me play they could imagine the small cat looking around the room and jumping about. They even mentioned that they thought about getting a microphone for the piano for a while now!

    When I sent the video to my friends, one of them pointed out that it sounded similar to songs that we've listened to together, such as Dark Waltz by 김재성 or Moonsetter by Toby Fox. I was and still am concerned about the similarity, but I'll choose to believe the words of Jack Stauber, an amazing pop singer and songwriter, while half-jokingly teaching a crowd how to write pop music, "We're going to start hearing things reminiscent of what we've already heard. And that's- don't even get discouraged by that because I'm like you know, 'come on, everything's already been made. It's fine. All my songs are ghostwritten by me.'" I'll only have to make sure they're not too reminiscent. 

    I get excited thinking about the possibilities of me writing the music for the intro, since I have a bunch of experience and variety in instruments (guitar, ukulele, kalimba, bass, melodica, etc.) I can utilize.  Then again, this is only an idea. I would love to follow through, but I already have my hands full with the production of the animation alone. Maybe I can refine this in my free time, but if it's way too much, then I'll leave it as just something I made in the moment. There is copyright free music available, and if I want to go the extra lightyear, I could find someone to compose over the intro. For now, I'll focus on what I need to do first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

6 - Referencing Film Intros

     As I mentioned last post, I started to observe the film intros that were listed under contemporary fantasy. I chose two, one of which I...