Wednesday, February 15, 2023

1 - Big Project, Small Steps

    My most recent media studies class, I among my classmates have been assigned one of the most exciting and dreading projects I've had the honor to work on! Dreading is a strong word, but it is a long-term project based on creating a film opening. The most I have worked on for a project, personal and professional, has been either a long all-nighter or a cramped week or two. Then again, I'm so hopeful that this project and documentation might help me achieve more organization and consistency! 

    On the topic of the project itself, I haven't exactly thought much of film openings at all. When the teacher opened the presentation for us to take notes on the guidelines and qualities of a film opening, I was initially confused on what it was. After understanding a bit, I dug through my memory of movies that I watched in the past and it all just clicked! I even told my parents about the lesson, and they were as confused as I was at first. It's almost like the first few scenes of a play; what is met to the audience after the curtain swings open will give them an idea of the general gist of the rest of the performance. At least that is what I concluded from my understanding, I'm learning about theatre in a separate class, so that probably leaked into my interpretation.

    It's all so interesting to think about, however I freeze when I realize that I'll have to create something similar. I'd love to take baby steps, but even for this amount of extended time, I'm not sure if this will be possible without a little extra push. I have hopes that it won't become too stressful of a push, and even then, I'll rely on the coping tactics I learned through dealing with my anxiety as a lifeline. After deciding the genre and medium (elaborated further in the next post or two), the number one check on my to-do list is to create a personal schedule to follow through on!

A calendar titled "February" with an image of a cat, containing the days of the month below the cat.

    I'll have to buy a physical calendar, that might motivate me more. I'll get one with cute cats so I can't help but look at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

6 - Referencing Film Intros

     As I mentioned last post, I started to observe the film intros that were listed under contemporary fantasy. I chose two, one of which I...